Board of Trustees
The library Board of Trustees meets every 3rd Monday of the month at 7 PM in the Library Community Room. These meetings are subject to Iowa Open Meeting Law and the public is welcome to attend.
Meeting agendas, minutes, and information packets are available at the links provided. New documents are uploaded the Friday before each monthly meeting.
The Role of Public Library Boards
- Advocate for the library in the community and advocate for the community as a member of the library board.
- Plan for the future of the library.
- Monitor and evaluate the overall effectiveness of the library.
- Develop policies and monitor the effectiveness of those policies.
- Hire and evaluate the library director.
Joining the Board of Trustees
New members of the Board of Trustees are recommended by the Board of Trustees to the Mayor. Candidates are then selected by the Mayor for appointment by the Anamosa City Council.
Interested in Joining?
Eligible residents may fill out a Committee Consideration Request at any time and turn it in to the Anamosa City Hall or the library's front desk. Applications will be reviewed when a seat becomes vacant.